             Assigned to: jtn
                 Release: 2.2.0
         Discussion Lock: Any
        Operating System: None
         Planned Release: 2.2.1

Steps to reproduce:
0 Start client (client/freeciv-gtk2) from build directory.
0 Start New Game (client spawns server)
0 Start (with default options)
0 Enter Edit mode (Ctrl-E)
0 Open property editor with either "Game/Scenario Properties" from Edit menu
or icon on edit toolbar (not middle-click)

Observe that some tabs have no text in the "Tile Properties" editor in the
middle pane. However, some floating buttons/widgets do appear in that pane,
and e.g. clicking on spinners causes labels to appear to the left.

This appears to be simply that objprop_setup_widget() doesn't initialise the
label. Most of the time we get away with it because objprop_refresh_widget()
always updates the label. I think you only see it before any objects have
been put in the list on the left, which is the case if you bring up the
editor without specific tile(s) in mind. (That's rather unintuitive -- took
me a while to work out what was going on -- but that's not the topic of this
bug.)

File Attachments:

Date: Saturday 03/13/10 at 20:19  Name:
S2_2-trunk-editprop-initial-labels.diff  Size: 509B   By: jtn
S2_2/trunk r17061: make sure initial labels are created in property editor
Date: Saturday 03/13/10 at 20:19  Name: S2_2-propedit-tile.png  Size: 71kB
By: jtn
S2_2/trunk r17061: make sure initial labels are created in property editor