Seems like a good idea.

If I might hijack this item briefly... is there any scope for flagging
capital cities on the map somehow, as well? The client seems to know the
capital city sometimes but not other times for the Intelligence dialog -- I
haven't checked how/where the info gets to the client though, and thus how it
interacts with fog-of-war.

An icon would be ideal but requires art. Having capital city info in the
middle-click popup would do in the meantime.

(If this digression threatens to derail this easy ticket I'll raise a new
one.)