Update of bug #15586 (project freeciv):

             Open/Closed:                  Closed => Open

Follow-up Comment #5:

A month wiser, I would like to solve this like this instead (patch for trunk
and 2.2 attached).

Basically we use a field .id that calls the number method when accessed.
Using properties we can keep the old API even if fields are totally removed
from the exported struct (which was what happened with struct player to cause
this bug).

I would like to backport this to 2.2.1, player:number() is not in any
released version yet so we have chance to get rid of it still.

Since I'm taking the whole special methods block of code from trunk, the
change to make equalities work for all api types kind of rides in on this
change. That could be avoided of course, but I don't see any point in that..

(file #8961, file #8962)

File name: 2010041401-API-Restore-Player.id-field-using-properties.patch
Size:5 KB
File name: 2010041401-S2_2-API-Restore-Player.id-field-using-properties.patch
Size:4 KB