I'm not sure how precise we need to be about our grammar, but since we're
talking about it i'll jump in.  There is confusion as to the *subject* of the
sentence.  Formats is plural, but the verb need not agree with it.  In this
case, 'none' is the subject and the verb should agree with that.  'of the
formats' is an adjective describing 'none'.  You can actually leave it off to
test subject-verb agreement.  English is notoriously sloppy and there is some
disagreement among the experts as to whether 'none is' is more proper than
'none are'.  I'd agree with the original poster.