Update of patch #1555 (project freeciv):

             Assigned to:                    None => englabenny
         Planned Release:                         => 2.3.0

Follow-up Comment #1:

Here is a real solution. Tables must be marked for saving, else there will be
a lot of confusion (classes, modules, everything is tables). So we provide a
construction function. The marker is an attribute in the table (or
metatable), and the marker attribute contains the name of the constructor
function itself. This way, the method is actually really extensible and the
user might implement multiple types of (table-based) objects this way. Not
really intended, and we have to think twice before documenting that (because
we have to keep it working when people depend on it).

(file #9023)

Additional Item Attachment:

File name: 2010041901-Allow-saving-some-table-values-to-script-state.patch
Size:3 KB