I tried to do it in one big step ... but this failed. The attached file
includes my idea for the advances. I tried to do no changes to the main
codebase (thus the file temp.(c|h)). The patch includes patch #1646 to patch
#1652.

My new approach will be smaller: use the defined structs to create a secfile
(load/save). The next steps will be the conversion into a (long) string
(secfile_to_string()); send it to the client (one big network paket); parse
it (secfile_from_str())and restore the ruleset file.

One big advantage is, that the ruleset will be independent from the network
protocol. The big disadvantage is, that it needs a lot of time to get it
right.

(file #9073)

File name: ruleset.patch                  Size:99 KB