I originally posted this query to the forum about a month ago, and got
no response.  Hopefully i'll have better luck here.

        I created the 2.2.0 GTK package for OSX-fink after installing all the
dependencies listed in the INSTALL file in the tarball as well as a few that
weren't listed there: bzip, freetype, fontconfig, and xft. However, i'm curious
in that the INSTALL file specifically mentions the ATK library.  When i link
with "SetLDFLAGS: -Wl,-dead_strip_dylibs" the libraries that are unused get
stripped out of the binary.  All of ATK gets stripped out.  Can i safely drop
this as a dependency as something that is no longer being used?

Sent from my MacBookPro

Have you noticed how many drivers get real mad if they miss you?