On Thu, May 20, 2010 at 11:02 AM, Marko Lindqvist
<no-reply.invalid-addr...@gna.org> wrote:

> Follow-up Comment #2, bug #16046 (project freeciv):
>
> I believe this to be same as bug #14775 even though this report does not
> mention the error message "The server appears to have gotten into an infinite
> loop in the allocation of starting positions." Infinite loop causes
> create_start_positions() to fail which in turn causes assert failure in
> map_fractal_generate().

The reporter updated the bug downstream with the following:

--- Comment #3 from thanosk <than...@gmail.com> 2010-05-20 07:03:02 EDT ---
The bug is pretty always reproducible.
I start Freeciv from the command line using freeciv-gtk2 -P none

Start New Game
and use the following options :

Freeciv is free software and you are welcome to distribute copies of it under
certain conditions;
See the "Copying" item on the Help menu.
Now ... Go give 'em hell!
Starting server...
Welcome to the Freeciv version 2.2.0 Server running at fedora.winservices.local
port 5557.
AI*1 has been added as Easy level AI-controlled player.
AI*2 has been added as Easy level AI-controlled player.
AI*3 has been added as Easy level AI-controlled player.
AI*4 has been added as Easy level AI-controlled player.
AI*5 has been added as Easy level AI-controlled player.
You are logged in as 'thanosk' connected to thanosk.
Established control over the server. You have command access level 'hack'.
thanosk: 'set size 30'
Option: size has been set to 30.
thanosk: 'set topology 4'
Option: topology has been set to 4.
thanosk: 'set generator 3'
Option: generator has been set to 3.
thanosk: 'set landmass 39'
Option: landmass has been set to 39.
thanosk: 'set specials 1000'
Option: specials has been set to 1000.
thanosk: 'set huts 500'
Option: huts has been set to 500.
thanosk: 'set aifill 4'
Option: aifill has been set to 4.
AI*5 has been removed from the game.
thanosk: 'set gold 5000'
Option: gold has been set to 5000.
thanosk: 'set citymindist 2'
Option: citymindist has been set to 2.
thanosk: 'set trademindist 6'
Option: trademindist has been set to 6.
thanosk: 'set razechance 2'
Option: razechance has been set to 2.
thanosk: 'set occupychance 1'
Option: occupychance has been set to 1.
thanosk: 'set barbarians 1'
Option: barbarians has been set to 1.
thanosk: 'set endspaceship 0'
Option: endspaceship has been set to 0.
thanosk: 'set contactturns 100'
Option: contactturns has been set to 100.
thanosk: 'Normal '
/normal: Player 'AI*2' now has AI skill level 'Normal'.
/normal: Player 'AI*3' now has AI skill level 'Normal'.
/normal: Player 'AI*4' now has AI skill level 'Normal'.
/normal: Default AI skill level set to 'Normal'.

Pick a nation and press start game. The game crashes and on the command-line
I get "1: Lost connection to server!"

--
LG Thomas

Dubium sapientiae initium