2010/5/26 David Lowe <doctorjl...@verizon.net>:
> On 23 May, 2010, at 10:15 PM, Goswin von Brederlow wrote:
>
>> An argument for seperate AI clients would also be that it makes
>> developing the AI more fun.
>
>        I like this idea.  Battle For Wesnoth has an API so that people can
> try their hand at making a new AI.  AIs used to be python scripts, but that
> was removed for security reasons.  One of the goals now is rewriting the API
> for Lua.

I would very much like to see Freeciv AIs implemented in Lua. Our
possibilities on the Lua front are relatively endless, but for example
a new "client-only" AI sounds like a good way to make sure the scope
is right (and not too big).

I'm all for implementing a new AI API in Lua, but I have no interest
myself to write the actual AI (maybe because I acknowledge it need far
more time than I have).  I think it should be relatively simple to
"layer" freeciv's Lua support into common, server and client parts,
and then get this started slowly.

Ulrik