On 11 July 2010 11:13, Matthias Pfafferodt <matthias.pfaffer...@mapfa.de> wrote:
> Am Sunday 11 July 2010 05:48:23 schrieb Karl Goetz:

>> What will happen on clients which don't support the new format (I
>> assume everything up to 2.2.1)? Will they crash, or simply refuse to
>> load the files?
>
> old games will refuse to load the new save file due to a required capability
> (I hope '+version2' does this?!). If you want to use such a game with an old
> version you have to load it in 2.2.99+ and save it in the old format.

 Just to clarify: This change was committed to trunk only, so first
release which it will be part of, is 2.3.0. Further bugfix releases
from S2_2 branch (2.2.x releases) will not have it.
 Also, this is not server / client compatibility thing, but server /
savegame compatibility thing. 2.2.x server / client will be
incompatible with 2.3.x server / client anyway.

 - ML