> SVN will detect the deletion of a file and the creation of a new > file

This is true once the change is committed. However, if I only make a patch
that removes one file and adds another applying it makes svn really to think
that it's new file and version history would be lost.
So, one reason I did patch the way I did was that it's easier to read those
inspecting it. But I also need it in this form when I will commit it. Move of
the file can not be done simply by applying a patch, but it requires separate
'svn mv' command.