> have a look at patch #1785 (for this one see patch #1789)

I know we are doing duplicate work. But our patches have very different
dependencies (your patches depend on lower parts of your own patch stack and
my patches depend on my patch stack). Instead of waiting very long time that
your patches get committed - which probably takes weeks (at least I refrain
from committing patch that depends on patch committed less than ~24h ago.
This gives people time to check new patch against already committed stuff) -
I decided that it is actually better to do same work in my own series so I
can go forward myself.