                 Release: 2.2.2
         Discussion Lock: Any
        Operating System: None
         Planned Release:

Or at least, I can't see anywhere in the code where it would, and I don't
recall ever seeing it do so.

In server/settlers.c:evaluate_improvements()[*], in the
activity_type_iterate() it skips over ACTIVITY_BASE with the comment /* This
needs separate implementation. */ (true), but I can't see such an
implementation anywhere.

[*] on S2_2; currently
server/advisors/autosettlers.c:settler_evaluate_improvements() on trunk

(I don't know much about the AI, but I think a good implementation of AI for
bases will be quite tricky, particularly for fortresses:
* Need to consider defense benefits to us of fortress vs risk of an enemy
occupying it and getting the defence bonus
* Need to ensure fortresses are well defended if there's a risk of an enemy
occupying them
* Want to consider border extension effects
etc.)