                 Release: S2_2
         Discussion Lock: Any
        Operating System: *BSD
         Planned Release:

> assertion "pplayer_get_diplstate(pplayer2, pplayer1)->type !=
DS_NO_CONTACT" failed: file "../../server/plrhand.c", line 1169, function
"make_contact"
Abort trap (core dumped)

I am running S2_2 r17795.

This sometimes happens after using the editor to remove a player and then
create a new player (in the same slot). The new player inherits some
diplomacy stuff (like embassies) from the old player. This seems to create an
inconsistency where the new player has "never met" the other players, but the
other players have already met the new player. This inconsistency can abort
the server in make_contact() at plrhand.c:1169.

Steps to reproduce:
0 Load attached game *fall-of-armenia-turn246.sav.bz2*.
0 Take Armenians, start game.
0 Disband last unit in last city.
0 Click "Turn Done". RIP Armenia.
0 Enable the editing mode.
0 Switch from Armenia to "Global Observer".
0 Open dialog to edit players.
0 Destroy Armenia.
0 Create new player. (I will call Prussia.)
0 Close dialog.
0 Select new unit, Warriors, Prussia.
0 Place some Prussian Warriors, near but not adjacent to existing cities and
warriors.
0 Switch from "Global Observer" to Prussia.
0 Disable the editing mode.
0 Click "Turn Done". Assertion fails, server aborts.

The other attached game *rise-of-prussia-turn247.sav.bz2* is from after
placing those Prussian Warriors but before clicking "Turn Done".

This bug is similar to bug #96 <http://redmine.pagema.net/issues/96> of
Longturn <http://longturn.org/>, where the same assertion fails. The
difference is that I am now crashing the vanilla S2_2 server instead of the
modified Longturn server, by using the map editor instead of LTeX newcomers.

File Attachments:

Date: Friday 08/20/2010 at 00:36  Name: fall-of-armenia-turn246.sav.bz2
Size: 56kB   By: kernigh
save files from before and after usage of editor
Date: Friday 08/20/2010 at 00:36  Name: rise-of-prussia-turn247.sav.bz2
Size: 54kB   By: kernigh
save files from before and after usage of editor