Update of bug #16886 (project freeciv):

Follow-up Comment #3:

The idea is good. It looks like warclient trade routes (except that trade
routes in warclient are real structures so handling them is really easier).

The coding style of this patch doesn't fit Freeciv coding style.

I am not sure that struct unit::goto_tile is usable on client side. Also, if
goto_tile is NULL, it will already crash.

> I like the idea but why not just draw the route line between
> any caravan/freight and their home city? Regardless of their
> currently active commands. Most of my caravans travel to their
> destination onboard a ship.

I am not sure about it. Maybe, caravans with orders should points to the
destination cities, else only between the caravans on their home cities.

PS: This is a patch and not a bug, this would have been created at
http://gna.org/patch/?group=freeciv