(followups set to -dev)

Marko Lindqvist writes:
> On 1 November 2010 01:21, Jacob Nevins
> <0jacobnk....@chiark.greenend.org.uk> wrote:
>> "make update-po" as of r18360.
>
>  Making update-po at non-standard point of release cycle and before
> announcing it well beforehand in i18n list is deviation from our old
> practice.

Sure. In this case, it was in preparation for the manual
de-fuzzification immediately following it. In general, when doing mass
operations on po files, it's helpful for them all to match (and it also
makes the diffs in svn cleaner).

I've responded to comments on the desirability of _that_ practice of
mine in the separate thread on -i18n. If we decide that manual defuzz
isn't worth the pain, then it becomes irrelevant.

Since I knew at least days in advance that I planned to do this, I could
have done better by proposing it on -i18n and inviting comment (rather
than just in a ticket comment on -dev). Sorry about that.