Update of bug #16265 (project freeciv):

Follow-up Comment #4:

> When playing maps with size 128, I often lose the connection to
> the server. This happens often during game start, end and
> end-of-turn. I'm guessing that it is either because of ping
> timeout, or server segmentation fault.

* If this is a server crash, then there is not enough info to investigate.
* If this is about ping timeout, you can increase it with the setting
'pingtimeout'. Note that hack access level connections (usually localhost
connections) are not dependent of the ping timeout.
* If this is linked with the huge buffer stuff (which is probably the cause
here), I just posted a fix at bug #14882.