Follow-up Comment #7, task #7232 (project freeciv):

> I cannot reproduce. Are you sure it's not related with your
> configuration options (e.g. --prefix or --datadir)?

I did some further investigation. It is connected to my testing environment.
I'm using the civ script to start the client from the source directory. The
script adds the current directory (.) as well as the build directory to the
path for save games. Thus, files in this directory are listed twice as the
current directory is not resolved and therefore not removed as duplicate.
This is done by the patch.

  <http://gna.org/task/?7232>