'/metatopic' was present in 2.0 in addition to '/metamessage'. It has
been removed afterward. In 1.14, the command was named '/metainfo'. It
was nearly duplicating '/metamessage'. However, the metaserver uses 2
different strings for the topic and the user message. At
<http://meta.freeciv.org/metaserver.phtml>, you can see the topic. If
you click on port, it will display the user message. However, I doubt
there is a way to edit the topic string without hacking the server
nowadays.

Pepeto