> unable to load save games in xaw client.
> Can someone look into this. Since I would be bit busy till
> weekend

please try to start server and client seperatly. This will work at the
moment. I will try to look into this but I will be away starting tomorrow
afternoon.

> Did savegame loading has undergone any changes in other clients
> sometime back

There is a new savegame format but the entry function did not change. The
savegame handling in the gtk client was redone but I know of no basic changes
to it.

> 1: in unquote_block() [savegame2.c::991]: assertion '1 ==
> parsed' failed.

This is fixed in bug #17193.

> I am unable to start the freeciv-xaw with your save game :(

Try to start only the server and load the game. You need a trunk build.

@Dave
> 0: "data/default/techs.ruleset": ruleset datafile appears
> incompatible:
> 0: datafile options: +Freeciv-2.3-ruleset
> 0: supported options: +1.9

You have old ruleset data somethere in the path. Freeciv 2.3.0 has updated
all ruleset / tileset / ... capabilities.