        Originator Email: goodbyeblues...@yahoo.dk
             Open/Closed: Open
                 Release: 2.2.3
         Discussion Lock: Any
        Operating System: None
         Planned Release:

Not only does the metaserver count AI as players, it also counts people who
have disconnected as players.

What this results in is that new players often log on and try talking to AI
players, becoming needlessly frustrated, as evidenced by the chat logs. These
people are not stupid - they simply have the natural user expectancy that when
the metaserver says people are playing, somebody is playing.

This problem *could* be solved by the individual servers rather than the
metaserver (the problem didn't exist in the past when servers were set up to
restart to a 0 player pregame after disconnections), but that would be hard to
police.

Some examples:

<(Andreas)> Kann ich denn eine KI ├╝bernehmen?
<(Andreas)> Can I play with you the game?
<(mark)> Greetings
<(mark)> Greetings from Seattle. I'm just lurking for now
<(mark)> Nothing's moved in a while. Not sure if I'm still connected
<(Ryan)> u guys want to start a new game?
<(Ryan)> anyone there
<(Ryan)> guess i will play alone
<(nukewave)> hey guys how can i play
<(nukewave)> how can i join the game or is this only possible if a new game
is started
<(lzbikowski)> just started ?
<(lzbikowski)> i guess i miss a little bit
<(lzbikowski)> however have a good game :-)