             Assigned to: jtn
                 Release:
         Discussion Lock: Any
        Operating System: None
         Planned Release: 2.3.0

The experimental ruleset enables the 'foggedborders' setting by default.

However, the game default for 'borders' is BORDERS_ENABLED. I don't think
this is a good combination, as your own borders likely extend outside your
vision, so it's possible not to see your *own* borders change, which is
confusing. For instance, you can attempt to paradrop to a square that you
thought was inside your borders but turns out not to be.

I think that 'borders' should default to BORDERS_SEE_INSIDE (see everything
inside borders) when 'foggedborders' is enabled -- I think this means you
should have an accurate idea of your own borders. Attached a patch which
implements this override in the 'experimental' ruleset.