                 Release: 2.3.0-beta1
         Discussion Lock: Any
        Operating System: None
         Planned Release:

The multiplayer ruleset generally restricts the effects of wonders to the
same continent. This applies to both the Veteran_Build and Veteran_Combat
effects of Sun Tzu's War Academy. For the latter:

[effect_sun_tzus_war_academy_1]
name    = "Veteran_Combat"
value   = 50
reqs    =
    { "type", "name", "range"
      "Building", "Sun Tzu's War Academy", "Continent"
      "UnitClass", "Land", "Local"
    }
nreqs   =
    { "type", "name", "range"
      "UnitFlag", "Diplomat", "Local"
    }

However, my reading of the code is that this Continent-ranged requirement
will only apply to units that are in a city (on the same continent) when it
takes effect. For military combat at least, I think it takes effect based on
the victorious unit's location before it moves onto the defender's square (if
it's going to). So, I think this bonus effectively only applies to units
defending cities on the same continent; units attacking cities, or on the
battlefield, won't get the veterancy bonus. (I haven't tested this.)

That's quite watered down. Is this intentional? It's not mentioned on the
rewonder thread <http://forum.freeciv.org/viewtopic.php?t=5815>.

I don't think there's a way currently to implement a bonus for any combat on
the same continent, which might have been the intention, due to the
restrictions on Continent-ranged effects. Options appear to be the status quo
(in which case the documentation needs updating), applying the Veteran_Combat
bonus for combat anywhere in the world (as in the default ruleset), or
removing that bonus entirely (and only keeping Veteran_Build).