Considering time constraints, I'm probably not going to take advantage of
threads in Freeciv code in immediate future. Nevertheless, here is initial
fc_thread class implementation. It's just wrapper for phtread. This was used
years ago in a proof-of-concept threaded AI patch. I don't consider any other
parts of that patch usable any more.

Even if I have no immediate plans for taking advantage of this thread class,
I would like to commit it to Freeciv tree in early phase of 2.4 cycle. It
would already get compilation exposure and we would have time to figure out
what kind of alternative underlining implementations to support and what kind
of configure checks we have to add based on those encountered compilation
problems.

(file #11733)

File name: FcThread.diff                  Size:4 KB