On 9 January 2011 05:30, David Lowe <doctorjl...@verizon.net> wrote:
> On 8 Jan, 2011, at 4:27 AM, Marko Lindqvist wrote:
>
>> 2) As Freeciv is written in C, and Qt is C++ library, and because of
>> how client code is arranged, it has not been possible to write Qt
>> client for Freeciv. Now I have worked on this, up to point where I
>> have stub client with Qt window opening. Mixing Freeciv code and Qt
>> still requires some work., but Qt-client main developer vacancy is
>> soon open.
>
>        My class in C++ begins soon.  I will see what i can accomplish here,
> even though i'm a rank amateur.

 I suggest that we open qt-client tickets when we are about to start
developing some patch, and not only when we have that patch ready. So
the other(s) know that that part of the code is already being worked
at, and we avoid doing duplicate work. I would also prefer that we
keep tasks quite small (divide big tasks in to smaller ones) so that
improvements come available to others rapidly.

 - ML