> What versions of libtool, automake and autoconf are you using?

That's the root of the bug. Due to a bug somethere in the kernel level I
can't run freeciv on the computer there it is build. If freeciv does a core
dump (-F), the computer will crash (it is not related to freeciv but it is
used as trigger). So I run most of my tests on another (slower) computer.
After I did an update for the entire build toolchain it is working.

So, the bug can be closed as invalid. I will now test your fix for AI modules