On 17 January 2011 14:59, Matthias Pfafferodt <free...@mapfa.de> wrote:
> Author: syntron
> Date: Mon Jan 17 13:59:35 2011
> New Revision: 18969

> Log:
> change debug message to correct level in tax code
>
> see gna bug #17494

 Please mention bug reporter(s) in your commit messages. This makes it
easier (read: humanly possible) to collect bug reporters to PEOPLE
when making a release. No harm done with this commit as I'm the
reporter and my name will appear in PEOPLE anyway :-)

  In more general level: When I got commit access, Freeciv
maintainer's guide was sent to me. I guess  such a document no longer
exist and new maintainers have to start without one. It would be nice
if things like commit message format was documented (not that we have
very strict requirements for commit messages. Just that all people
involved (bug reporters, patch implementors) are mentioned, ticket
number is mentioned, maybe line width restrictions (don't know if they
make sense 2011) and that message text is good description of what was
changed and why)

 - ML