             Assigned to: cazfi
                 Release:
         Discussion Lock: Any
        Operating System: None
         Planned Release: 2.3.0

Found out when debugging patch #2374:

ai_diplomacy_begin_new_phase() is called before advisor data
diplomacy.spacerace_leader is set. Thus ai_diplomacy_begin_new_phase() uses
old value. I think this is value from previous turn, or NULL if game was just
loaded from savegame. But I'm not 100% certain it's not initialized between
turns leading ai to never notice it is spacerace leader. This would explain
why it currently never seems to try spacerace victory...

patch #2374 will fix this for trunk, S2_3 needs some other kind of fix.