Update of patch #2489 (project freeciv):

                Category:                  client => client-gtk-2.0
             Assigned to:                    None => cazfi
         Planned Release:                   2.3.0 => 2.3.0, 2.4.0

Follow-up Comment #1:

I no longer consider my patch correct solution. It doesn't really free the
resources, just happens to reduce their usage on gtk-client. This needs
gui-specific fix, I'm afraid (but then again, I don't know if guis other than
gtk even have this problem)