I don't think we should go that far.  I'm okeh with minor repairs taking
place in the field, it's only a full regen that i'd restrict.

Note: freeciv is a "Big Picture" game and by design ignores lots of
nit-picking details.  This level of abstraction means we don't have to
consider how long a runway is at a given airbase, etc.  In the real world
smaller planes can and do operate from primitive bases, only going back to
larger facilities for an overhaul or major repair.  I've been at air bases
that are large enough to be cities unto themselves, and i've been at city
airports that don't offer much more than fuel.  However, i think the game is
probably better off without all these fiddly bits.