Update of patch #2624 (project freeciv):

Follow-up Comment #1:

Patch attached. (This is my first new script function, so review welcomed.)

Here's the corresponding documentation that I'd put in the scripting
reference on wiki
<http://freeciv.wikia.com/wiki/Events_Reference_Manual#Actions>:

            climate_change     (type, effect)          '''New in 2.4'''
                               <em class="comment">
                               -- Cause global climate change.
                               -- type can be GLOBAL_WARMING or
NUCLEAR_WINTER
                               -- effect is the magnitude of the effect
(approximately,
                               -- the number of tiles affected)
                               -- Does not print any messages, or affect the
counters
                               -- for pollution/fallout-related climate
change.
                               -- Works regardless of 'global_warming' and
                               -- 'nuclear_winter' server options.
                               </em>

Test at server command line with:

+verbatim-
/lua climate_change(GLOBAL_WARMING, 100)
/lua climate_change(NUCLEAR_WINTER, 100)

(file #12798)

Additional Item Attachment:

File name: trunk-lua-climate-change.diff  Size:6 KB