Update of bug #18200 (project freeciv):

             Assigned to:                    None => cazfi

Follow-up Comment #1:

Until we get configure somehow to work around this, you can test if you can
build by setting (user) CFLAGS and LDFLAGS before configure.

Your example shows where to find headers, but we still have to find out where
are libraries. In the following example to test I assume they are in directory
named "Libraries" that is sibling to directory "Headers".

> mkdir build
> cd build
> CFLAGS="-I/Library/Frameworks/QtGUI.framework/Versions/4/Headers
-I/Library/Frameworks/QtCore.framework/Versions/4/Headers"
LDFLAGS="-L/Library/Frameworks/QtGUI.framework/Versions/4/Libraries
-L/Library/Frameworks/QtCore.framework/Versions/4/Libraries" ../configure
--enable-client=qt