                 Release:
         Discussion Lock: Any
        Operating System: None
         Planned Release:

When a custom Ruleset increases the population cost of settlers (for example
pop_cost=2 like civ3), the AI still tries to buy the settlers when the city
just grow to size 2.
It should wait until city grows to size (1 + pop_cost) to try to buy the
settlers.

It is a minor issue, but it causes some waste of gold in the initial stages
of the game, and I think it could be easy to fix.

I think this is the related code in aicity.c:

if (get_city_bonus(pcity, EFT_GROWTH_FOOD) == 0
    && city_size_get(pcity) == 1
    && city_granary_size(city_size_get(pcity))
       > pcity->food_stock + pcity->surplus[O_FOOD]) {
/* Don't buy settlers in size 1 cities unless we grow next turn */
  continue;