> I'd say having files with UNIX file endings on Windows is not a
> big problem, since they can be opened with WordPad.
True, but it's not a problem most Windows users are familiar with, I think --
a typical non-Unix-literate user will just double-click on the file, see text
all munged together, and not know how to get a sensible display.

In the same vein, it would be useful if we shipped files in the Windows
installer with names like README.txt rather than plain README (which Windows
doesn't know what to do with).

However, implementing these suggestions is a can of worms if not done
carefully.