             Assigned to: jtn
                 Release: 2.2.7,2.3.0-RC1
         Discussion Lock: Any
        Operating System: Any
         Planned Release:

Split out from bug #18396:

"Looking at the code, the decision whether to open the file in "r" (text) or
"rb" (binary) mode seems to be in fz_from_file(). I'm slightly suspicious of
this code; it seems to me that if HAVE_LIBBZ2 is defined, the probing code
leaves "b" in the mode, even if FZ_PLAIN is eventually decided on as a method
(as is correct for the Windows installations -- helpdata.txt is
uncompressed)."

Think this affects all 2.2.x and 2.3.x builds (bz2 came in between 2.1.x and
2.2.x).

Patches are attached to the other ticket (trunk: file #13689, S2_3: file
#13687).