                 Privacy: Public
             Assigned to: jtn
         Planned Release:

Inspired by this forum post <http://forum.freeciv.org/viewtopic.php?t=6905>,
I've been looking at the tutorial scenario. The attached patch is work in
progress.

Done so far:
* When the first boat is built, explain how to use it (as per the forum
post).

In mind:
* Maybe try to spot the player assembling big stacks of units in open country
and drop a hint about killstack behaviour? I get the impression that this is a
common source of frustration among new players.

Other suggestions welcome. May not be able to implement them with the current
scripting capability (I'm vaguely targeting this at 2.3.x); filling in the
gaps in scriptability would be a longer-term project (which I may not have
time for).

If this stalls, I'll repurpose the ticket for cleaning up what I have and
submitting it.

File Attachments:

Date: Sun Aug 14 09:48:26 2011  Name: S2_3-tutorial-improvement-WIP.diff
Size: 3kB   By: jtn