Update of bug #18407 (project freeciv):

         Planned Release:                         => 2.3.1

Follow-up Comment #3:

It's the search for the best solution (city manager). See also bug #17604.
This patch was never added to 2.3. I did a backport from trunk of the
important parts. For me the patch solves the problem - it now prints an error
message. Please test it ...

Remark: Yes, the increased city size results in a lot of work in the cm loop.
If it could be optimized it would be the best solution ...

(file #13938)

File name: 0002-limit-number-of-cm-iterations.patch Size:1 KB