                 Release: S2_3 r20191
         Discussion Lock: Any
        Operating System: None
         Planned Release:

Fiddly to explain, this. A couple of times, I've seen something like the
following:
* Game with foggedborders enabled
* A unit providing vision (e.g., aeroplane) can see some enemy territory
(nation A)
* The territory changes hands to nation B (e.g., through civil war); the unit
can see this
* I move the unit such that the enemy territory becomes fogged; the territory
reverts to being displayed as A's (even though I should remember it as being
B's)

Here's a somewhat convoluted reproduction case. (Things in square brackets
can be pasted into the chatline to locate units/cities.)
0 Load the attached savegame about-to-civilwar2.sav.bz2.
0 Provoke civil war among the Luxembourgish by moving these Alpine Troops  [l
tgt="unit" id=1948 name="Alpine Troops" /] to [l tgt="city" id=132
name="LĂ«tzebuerg" /]  .
0 Among other cities, this should cause the cities of RĂ©imech and Hesper
visible to  [l tgt="unit" id=1884 name="AWACS" /]  to defect to the Germans.
0 Move the AWACS east, towards Valenciennes. You should see grey (German)
territory being replaced by green (Luxembourgish) territory as enemy tiles
become fogged due to the unit movement. (The attached borders.gif illustrates
this.)

This state seems to be fleeting; if a save/reload occurs after step 2 (as in
the attached done-civilwar2.sav.bz2), then the borders are permanent.

File Attachments:

Date: Mon Aug 29 13:14:36 2011  Name: about-to-civilwar2.sav.bz2  Size: 70kB
 By: jtn
Reproduction case with S2_3 r20191