Marko Lindqvist writes:
>  How was it possible to modify commit messages after commit? The file
> commit messages are read was not correclty updated for this, so it got
> message of previous commit. This is patch #3001, not #3014.

Short answer: it's not possible unless an svn administrator does it, or
has taken action to allow ordinary users to do it.

I'm guessing that "svn administrator" here means the Gna! people? Or
do some of us have that level of access to the repository?

See <http://subversion.apache.org/faq.html#change-log-msg>.
You could try the "user" recipe in here, on the off-chance that the
repository has been set up for this.