                 Privacy: Public
             Assigned to: jtn
         Planned Release: 2.4.0,2.5.0

It would be useful if the client had access to per-nation and global initial
techs, etc, for documentation purposes:
* For rulesets where different nations are given different techs etc, it
would allow users to evaluate the pros and cons at the point of picking a
nation. (patch #3066)
* For rulesets where technology root_reqs are used, giving "You can't
research this" type messages in the help, it would be useful to then be able
to say "The French start with this advance" to make it less mysterious.

Patch exposes all this sort of information over the network.

I guess this will add >10kbyte to the initial server->client data with our
numerous default nations, and in that case it doesn't carry much useful
information. I'm assuming this isn't a major problem.