Hmm, yes, if that's the definition of strpbrk in C, then it's really just
because of C and C++, because in C++ we got
const char *strpbrk(const char *s1, const char *s2);
or
char *strpbrk(char *s1, const char *s2);
Therefore the necessary split.

If that hurts the C-Code, just let it as it is.
It's not my intention to move all to C++, was just necessary when VC didn't
accept inline statics in files with pure C-ending.
Still, disregarding the changes because of current weaknesses of VC, the code
is very very close to C++ compatibility. That's one exception then.