                 Release:
         Discussion Lock: Any
        Operating System: None
         Planned Release:

>From still unresolved RT ticket #40226:

Subject: game.info.max_players dual meaning
Date: Fri, 2 May 2008 21:42:20 +0300
To: rep...@rt.freeciv.org
From: "Marko Lindqvist" <cazf...@gmail.com>

Noticed from metaserver that maxplayers setting in running game is
not what I initially set it. It seems that game.info.max_players is
used as both maxplayers setting, and storing number of players there
has been in the game at max.

---

This seems to be more serious problem nowadays. I tested single player (less
players than default aifill of 5) game with saving and loading. After *second*
save/load-cycle game complained that maxplayers setting (1) is less than
current number of players (5). Savegame file itself correctly has only 1
player, so I assume number of 5 being what server had before starting game
before setting number of players to one from savegame.