> Note: it looks like this is due to Wonders (e.g., Adam Smith's)
> that reduce the cost of upkeep of some city improvements. The
> calculation that the Citizen Governor (CMA) does is based on
> the "full" cost of upkeep, without counting these discounts.
I don't think that's true. The CMA uses the usage[] information calculated in
city_support(), which calls city_total_impr_gold_upkeep(), which calls
city_improvement_upkeep(), which looks at EFT_UPKEEP_FREE (the "A. Smith"
effect).

In any case, A. Smith isn't in play in either of the savegames attached here.