> Reopening pending a decision on this ticket's fate for S2_3.

After testing this in S2_4 and TRUNK for a while, I don't think we should mess
with it in mature branch. Even if the change itself has no bugs in it, AI as a
whole has been balanced to work with old code - seemingly completely unrelated
things may start falling apart. Note also problems mentioned in comment #1 -
without even more testing I cannot say for 100% certainty that fixing the bug
that prevents autosettler from building rail grid that's clearly overkill
makes AI overall performance better.