Update of bug #19802 (project freeciv):

Follow-up Comment #2:

Here's a patch that works sanely with standard rulesets. I'm not particularly
happy with how I ended designing algorithms so that they produce expected
result for given rulesets instead of designing them to work generally
correctly.

As player to be assigned to the starting position is decided only later, I
couldn't pass player information to requirement checking -> player related
requirements, such as technology level (Railroad) are not checked ->
RPT_POSSIBLE would say that Railroads are available (from the beginning) -> I
had to use RPT_CERTAIN -> As "Road" has "UnitFlag" "Settlers" requirement, I
have to pass unit type that will suffice for RPT_CERTAIN to consider Roads
possible.

(file #15844)

File name: MapGenRoads-2.diff             Size:5 KB