Update of bug #17864 (project freeciv):

generation retry leads to map created with rivers (and huts) over ocean

Follow-up Comment #1:

That savegame no longer loads into recent code. However, I reproduced the
issue with head of S2_4 (r21357); new savegame attached. Only relevant option
changed from default was temperature=0.

The server couldn't allocate starting positions.
Failed to create suitable map, retrying with another mapseed

This setting isn't guaranteed to trigger a failure to allocate starting
positions, but in my experiments it happened after a few goes.

I'm guessing we're seeing the ghosts of continents from the last run that
weren't cleared out properly.

Retrying map generation is a new feature in 2.4.x (patch #2402). Hence,
setting 2.4.0 release target.

(file #15878)

File name: bug17864-svn-S24-r21357.sav.bz2 Size:12 KB