Update of bug #16385 (project freeciv):

Follow-up Comment #11:

I don't think I have anything worth looking at. If I ever pick this up again,
I expect I'll be starting from scratch (albeit with the same basic design). Go
ahead.

(For the record: I have a git stash off r17934, 2010-09-04, and I think the
state is as I said in comment #4: "I've got a mess of code changes but nothing
that compiles yet, and I've been getting a bit bogged down in the border
code." The changes I have look to be mostly dull ruleset/network plumbing
rather than the core logic. Hopefully some of the changes to border code in
the past >18 months will mean I get less bogged down...)