On Fri, Jun 29, 2012 at 1:34 AM, Marko Lindqvist
<no-reply.invalid-addr...@gna.org> wrote:
> Do you plan to produce updated/fixed patch? I like the idea of this patch.

I wasn't particularly, but I am currently on/near HEAD so... maybe.

At first I thought your comments made a lot of sense to me, but then
after a while they became slightly less obviously sensible :} Let me
explain...

I'm not sure that what I (!) wanted was a means to shorten the list to
only those cities that can airlift a given unit *right now*; what I
wanted rather was to limit the list to only those cities that could,
_in principle_, airlift a unit. The checkbox next to each city already
shows if a city can airlift right now.

Why would I want to see cities that can't airlift during the current
turn? Because then at least I can send the Freight to that city while
I can still remember the purpose for having built it. (It gets hard to
remember these things when you have 600+ cities and a commensurate
number of units hanging around.) (By 2018 it would be nice if I could
just tell the Freight "Get yerself to Timbuktu" and the client would
figure out what to do to make that happen; then I wouldn't have to
remember at all.)

Granted, the criticism that the patch should look for an effect and
not a particular building, remains valid.