> Then again, they work and pay taxes to city owning nation, so
> maybe they are citizens of it.
Well, you can have a substantial group living and working in a state but not
be citizens (or first-class citizens), if citizenship is restricted by
birth/descent. Also slaves, etc. However:

> So what this new feature is about? Ethnicity?
It's something like that, and I've thought about using those words. Whether or
not these people are legally/constitutionally equal, it seems that when the
chips are down, they're treated differently. (In many ways this is quite a
dark feature, depending on what we do with it.)