> The script would probably also need access to a MD5 and possibly
> other hash functions, but that should be achievable.
Since I've had a quick look: MD5 is not in the Lua standard library, but
there's a third-party implementation <http://www.keplerproject.org/md5/>.
However, it also comes with 56bit DES. We don't need it, but if we include it,
are we going to start having to faff with export control?
We could include it but chop out the DES (and provide a --use-system-lua-md5
for Debianistas).
Alternatively we could expose the current C implementation, but that only
exists in the server for auth anyway, and getting rid of it would remove a
warning (bug #18872).